Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I wonder if I can even call these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip bites cookies, they are just so healthy! Naturally sweetened with banana, full of fiber-rich oats and flax seeds, they are chewy but chocolaty and only require one bowl to make. A perfect pick-me-up snack between your meals or when you are craving something sweet but do no want to grab that bar of chocolate.
There is a reason why I have this blog. I, Mari, am a huge sweet tooth. Always have been, always will be. Although I wish my entire diet could consist of cookies, cakes and dessert, it is not the most sensible thing to do. Thus, I also try to mix in healthy recipes with natural sweeteners and whole meal ingredients to balance out the sugar overdose.
This recipe was born out of a yet another craving for desserts but these healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies did the trick. What makes it even better is that they are quick to make and only require one bowl. I am pretty sure that even the German fitness star Pamela Reif would approve these healthy cookies!
They are not that sweet, so if you want to make them sweeter, feel free to add any kind of sweetener (no judgement here!). It is also possible to substitute the toppings and spices for whatever you feel like or have at hand, for example dried fruit, orange zest, pumpkin spice, etc. I went with chocolate chips to celebrate the fact that our little family just got a bit bigger…
Guys, say hi to Chip, Chocolate Chip!
He will definitely be assisting me in assessing the quality of the cookie crumb, rise of the dough and crunch of the biscuit. When he wakes up from his cat nap though…
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesMari
- 160 grams quick oats or rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper. the sweeter, the better)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 40 grams dark chocolate chips
- 25 grams chopped walnuts (optional)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas well in a big bowl. Add the oats, flax seeds, cocoa powder, peanut butter, cinnamon, chopped walnuts (optional) and salt (optional) and half of the chocolate chips to the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Using half a tablespoon of the cookie dough, form little balls and flatten them when placing on the baking sheet. These cookies do not spread, so form them already in a preferred shape. Sprinkle on the other half of the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cookies are baked.
- Let the cookies cool before eating. The cookies will be set on the outside but chewy on the inside.
Did you make this recipe?